Civil Service Test Prep Overview
To access the courses you must first log in. Click the "Log In" tab above. After you log in you will automatically be returned to the e-Learning Center. If you have registered, you will be taken to your Courses page, which will have a list of all courses. If you have not registered, you will be given instructions on how to do so.
Special Promotional Rate!
$ 9.99 for one month (CSEA members)
$19.99 for one month (non-members)
You will be asked for your payment information when you go through the registration process.Try CSEA's free Civil Service Test Preparation Demo to see how you can benefit.
The courses currently being offered are
- General Test Taking Tips and Strategies
- Understanding and Interpreting Written Material
- Preparing Written Material
- Understanding and Interpreting Tabular Material - NEW!
- Office Record Keeping
- Verbal Analysis / Evaluating Conclusions in Light of Known Facts
- Office Practices
- Alphabetizing/Name and Number Checking (covers Filing and Clerical Operations)
- Arithmetic Reasoning (covers Arithmetic Computation)
- Coding and Decoding Information
- Keeping Simple Inventory Records
- Grammar, Usage, and Punctuation
- Keyboarding Practices
- Educating and Interacting with the Public
How do you know which course to take?
The exam announcement for a Civil Service position will indicate the subject matter covered for that position. Under the heading "Subject of Examination," there will be a list of the topics covered on the exam for which you are applying. For example:
SUBJECT OF EXAMINATION: There will be a written test which you must pass in order to be considered for appointment. The written test is designed to test for knowledge, skills, and abilities in such areas as:
- Providing good customer service...
- Arithmetic reasoning...
- Preparing written material...
- Understanding and interpreting written material.
Concentrate your studying on the e-learning courses that correspond to the topics listed on your examination announcement.